State of Georgia COVID-19 state services and links to state agency websites:
Your government is open and working for you, but it’s not business as usual. Here’s what you should know about the state’s most-accessed services.
These are the guidelines the Commission uses to select, prioritize and review funding requests. Please read to see if your request fits.
- The goal of distributing funds is to support independence, inclusion in the community, personal choice, and self-determination.
- The Trust Fund should always be a payor of last resort. The Commission intends that the Trust Fund be used to provide funding that is not otherwise available in order to meet the comprehensive needs of people with brain and spinal cord injuries. The Trust Fund should not be used to displace other sources of funding.
- The Trust Fund is not a permanent source of funding. We encourage you to develop a plan for how you will be able to meet your long-term needs.
- Funding will be distributed to those who are most in need. Requests for funding are assessed according to criteria set forth in the Commission's Distribution Policies, including acuity of disability, need for support, and personal and outside resources available. Past awards will also be considered when reviewing the application.
- All distributions are subject to the availability of funds.
- All requests must have a direct connection to the injury.
- Outstanding medical bills, medical insurance premiums, and medication costs are not eligible for a grant. The Commission can not make a grant or reimburse for any item or service purchased prior to Governor's approval.
- The Commission will assess each request and determine to what degree the award would promote independence, inclusion in the community, and have long-term, sustainable benefits.
- The Commission grant is not an entitlement.
- A provider of services should not assist the applicant with this application if the requested item or service will be delivered by that provider.
- All requests for therapeutic services will be evaluated according to their potential outcome.